RE-BYE
a personified kpop rivalry site

to re-bye

01. welcome

Register with your character's full name in lowercase letters, i.e. john doe.

MAY 2018
Destiny comeback. E.L. debut.
KINA comeback.
REQUESTING:
females and group members.

the overlords

02. staff team

special thanks to -

03. credits

Credit to MERC of Great Divide for the push sidebar script. Skinned by SPICA of Shine. Mini profile by baby cakes at Shine. custom profile structure created by kookie of shine. Characters and on-site content belong to their respective writers.

OUR AFFILIATES !!
HHRPG-D

new poll

» zhihao choi // other, ezio auditore from assassin's creed
zhihao choi
 Posted: Jul 6 2017, 10:39 PM
zhihao choi
@alex

@ziaoshinyshiny: this twitter account no longer exists

Other
Former idol
O-/178cm/53kg
June 24th, 1994

Hobbies

Reading, playing the piano, engaging with fans on social media, studying extra languages, advocating for social issues, running(for exercise), free-running(for fun)

Italian food, wine, time to relax in a quiet room, puzzles, classical music, accessorizing with jewelry, dressing well(for appearances and events), dressing comfortably(practice and casual)

Dislikes

Injustice, pointless violence, hate in general, frivolity in the idol industry, misogyny, racism, homophobia, discrimination

Player Name:

Alex

Other Characters:

Yuuri Katsuki | Ji-min Moon | Iseul Song | Zhifang Moon | Jackson Zheng | Min-jun Mun | Bai Lin | Saranyu Prasongsanti | Taiyang Hou | Jae-suk Min | James Bahn | Shiyi Bai | Hyunwoo Byun | Minsun Moon | Seongmin Moon | Baekhyeon Im | Junmyeon Shin | Hakuryu Midorikawa | Damon Kwon | Tadasuke Akatsuki

PM/Discord
Justice
Zhihao Choi

Thanks for sitting down with us. Now can you get us started off with a bit of info on yourself? You're notoriously quiet about your personal life.

"Usually because I feel like I have a better use for my voice and influence than talking about myself, but if you insist. I'm the third of four children, my father is in politics and my mother is a former actress. My older brother and older sister are both in the idol industry, though my younger brother isn't, he has health issues. That's about all there is to say, really."

Is it true then that your siblings are in Sealight Records?

"Yes, it's no secret. My brother has a solo career, and my sister is also a solist."

And why aren't you in the same company as them?

"I'm going to stop you here because I can hear the insinuations in your voice. I've been asked this before, and I will say this one more time: just because my siblings are in a 'rival' company, there is no rivalry between us. We support each other, and they hold no hard feelings for me being in CM, no more than I hold over them being at Sealight.

My choice to be in CM over Sealight goes back to before my trainee days. My brother didn't want to be in any kind of competition with me, and we agreed that it would be best for us to be in different companies. My sister went into the same company as him because they were always closer, and I didn't resent that or really think twice about it. There's nothing complicated about any of this, and I don't see why it's such a big deal."

Do you ever feel as if you're judged for being in CM instead of Sealight?

"There was this negative view after Shiny Shiny's debut, and I heard that opinion due to my leadership position. I think people thought back then that I had a lack of talent and that was why I was in a different company than my siblings, which is...untrue. I worked hard as a trainee just like anyone else, and I would have done the same had I made it into Sealight instead.

I cannot judge my own talent, but I am content where I am with my fellow group members and what we've managed to do so far. I don't know where I would be in Sealight, and I don't like speculating about it. It's not important."

Fair enough. Due to your views on a lot of social matters, did you ever consider going into politics to try and make changes?

"Not really. I love and respect my father, and respect what he does, but after the controversy...I just didn't feel like pursuing a political career fit me. I wanted to go into the idol industry for performing, but I also found the chance to use my voice to push important social issues in my group, something that I'm forever grateful for."

Is that controversy about your father's embezzlement scandal a decade ago, or something else?

"...I don't like talking about this, but if it's going to be dredged up. He was accused of defrauding money and putting it into the campaign of a nominee for the National Assembly. There was an investigation and it was determined that he was innocent of the charges against him. The ones responsible were trying to frame him, but they were caught. It damaged his reputation for a few years, but he's recovered from all of it by now."

Where do your views come from? You seem to have been raised in a fairly conservative and traditional household.

"You don't have to be raised a certain way to want to see others able to have the same rights and privileges as you do. I come from a privileged background, I will be the first to admit that, and I feel that I should be using my influence and privilege to try and support those who cannot speak up for themselves, or face discrimination because of who they are or what they choose to do."

So how do you feel about Shiny Shiny being more famous overseas than it is here in the homeland?

"Our messages resonate with people in America, and I'm grateful that we've found an audience where that is true. It doesn't bother me that we're taking more time to gain more traction here at home because it's not really a matter of the fame, but I won't lie and say that it wouldn't be nice for our message to resonate with more people here at home. There are a lot of issues behind that, and I won't get into that here, but hopefully it's just a matter of patience and timing. Not to mention hard work, we haven't been resting on our laurels.

I'm hopeful that our upcoming album releases will give us a stronger foothold - but even if it doesn't, as long as there are fans willing to listen to us, it doesn't really matter where they're from or where they live. They're why we work so hard, after all. You can't make an impression no matter how powerful your messages are if you don't have people willing to listen to them."

Are there ever any clashes you face, thematically, with Hero and the other members of Shiny-BBY?

"If you're trying to suggest that I might have problems with them...no. We have our own approaches to our sub-groups, and I respect him and his decisions as co-leader. Shiny Shiny wouldn't have lasted like it has if there was any friction between us, and we're united in our views even if we approach those views differently."

And what about the other members of Shiny-K? How do you get along with them?

"Aren't we notorious for our friendships, or don't you read the internet speculations?" Zhihao cracks a dry smile here. "I respect my group members and all of them are people I'm glad to call my friends. I'm a bit closer with Hope than I am the other two, but we're all friends. It's something we've deliberately cultivated, since it helps us stay cohesive in our performances. And really, with as much time as we spend together, it's only natural. It would be terrible to have to be around people you dislike all the time, after all."

So, whose idea was your stage name? Was that your doing?

"It was my idea to pick names for my sub-group that fit who we were as people, but I didn't pick my own name. My group members thought they were being funny when they suggested Justice, I already had a reputation for speaking out against injustice wherever I saw it even in my trainee days and they thought it was an even funnier joke because of my return from my conscription shortly before the group formalized. I think they expected me to refuse to use it, but. It stuck. It's a little unwieldy, but there are worse ones they could have put on me.

Especially when the full name was jokingly suggested as Social Justice Warrior. You can see why I wouldn't want to use that, even if it is fitting at times."

I've heard you're fluent in multiple languages, even beyond what's generally accepted for idols. Any particular reason for that?

"Languages are interesting?" Zhihao shrugged, though there was a slight defensive edge to his tone. "I was raised speaking both Korean and Mandarin at home, so I had a bit of a competitive edge already when I went into the trainee program. I still had to learn Japanese and English, but it wasn't as hard as it might have been for others.

Really, I just think it's important to be able to communicate with others in their own language, and it's a personal goal I've set for myself. I'm currently learning Italian, and I'm decently fluent in Spanish. There was also French but that was more for a dare than anything...I can flirt in it, though."

Speaking of flirting, are any of the dating rumors going around about you true?

"You'll have to be a little more specific." Zhihao sighs, seeming a bit put out and he looks away from the interviewer briefly. "I'm frequently paired with my groupmates, not to mention any number of girls in the industry. I'm not involved with anyone, we've been too busy with the tour and preparing for the albums and comeback. I don't really have time for anything but work, so dating isn't in the cards for me right now."

What about groupmate Hope and Haena? How do you feel about-

"No. I'm not going to comment on any of my groupmates like that. It's their business."

You seem awfully stoic about a lot of this. Is that just a part of your stage persona coming out?

Zhihao huffs, as if he had been waiting for this. "It's hard to show a lot of your personality when you're being asked questions like this, and I did just come off of a long tour, so I'm tired...normally I'm not...entirely like this. I'm just a private person and don't really like showing who I really am to people I don't know that well."

On a more personal note, is there anything you would like to say to your fans?

"I would thank them for their continued support and express my gratitude for whatever it is about me or my group that they find us worthy of listening to. Everything we do, the fans are in mind, and I hope our dedication shows through when we perform or record."

Is there anything you can tell us about your upcoming album?

"Nothing other than we've been working hard on it. More information will be coming out soon, I'm just not at liberty to talk about it yet."

Back to you personally as an artist. Is there anything about your career that you regret?

"No, nothing comes to mind. I learned a long time ago not to dwell on the might have beens or what ifs, it's not productive. I prefer focusing on the now and preparing for the future rather than dwelling on the past."

Is there anything you would like to change about your perception in the eyes of your fans? You're often spoken about as a sex symbol which seems out of character with your group's image.

"It is. I never intended to be particularly...well. Yes we can and do dance rather provocatively in performances, but that's a natural side effect of the industry. Idols of our age are expected to be an ideal. It's much worse for many of the girls and women, and I could get started on that but it's a tangent.

I would rather be recognized for my voice and contribution to our group's messages, but if anyone finds me attractive, it's not my prerogative to tell them they can't."

On a related note, is there any particular ideal you look for in a person you'd like to date?

"I'm not hung up on appearances. I have to get along with whoever I might be interested in on a personal level, so they have to be open about who they are and what they believe. I value honesty as I'm an honest person and prefer not to sugar-coat anything. They also need to like to have fun, as I do have a fun-loving side that I like to let out when I can. And beyond that...tolerance for my social stances. Otherwise I don't like to think of it as a formula. Chemistry is a strange thing at times."

Connections

group: Shiny Shiny and its subgroup Shiny-K fit what I wanted to do with Zhihao. There was no way I was going to be able to adapt the Assassin Order or the Creed into a real life setting like this, but Shiny-K's focus on societal issues echoes the Creed's values in a nice enough way. It's not perfect, but it fits enough. He's also co-leader as a nod to his role as co-leader(and later Mentor) of the Order.

stage name: In Assassin's Creed, Ezio is initially all about getting justice(and revenge, but shh) over the ones responsible for the deaths of his relatives. It may or may not be a pun on the naming theme already going on in Shiny Shiny(or a nice accompaniment to co-leader Hero). Really, it's a conscious choice on Zhihao's part, to make a point about his attitude on social matters.

name: Zhihao is from Chinese characters meaning 'will, purpose, ambition' and 'brave, heroic, chivalrous', which fit Ezio's character. The name Choi is a Korean name meaning 'high, lofty, towering', which is a nod to the Auditores' noble status. And no, the names are not mixed together without care - Zhihao's mother is Chinese and his father is Korean, so they agreed to give their children mixed-heritage names in respect of both of their nationalities.

basics: Birthday is his canon birthday, measurements are from the PB, as is the blood type - though I also picked that as the attributes fit the personality traits for the Japanese blood typing system.

family/history: Two parents, an older brother, an older sister and a younger brother, almos like in canon. However, they're all still alive - though Zhihao's father was involved in a political controversy some years back that caused the family some issues, echoing the Auditores' rivalry with the de Pazzis and subsequent problems with the Templar Order.

Intro

Justice, co-leader of Shiny Shiny, is not as intense as his stage name would suggest. Yes, he is big on equality and hates a lot of facets of the industry he finds himself involved in, but under the front is a pretty polite and friendly young man. He's just very conscious of his position at the head of one of the most socially aware and focused sub-groups in entertainment. Also, dig deep enough and you'll find that he's really just a big dork trying to fill shoes he may not have been entirely prepared for.

Friends

I will say up front that Zhi probably doesn't make friends very easily. He's so busy and focused on his group and work that he can forget how to let loose. His groupmates have to poke him about that every once in a while. That being said, friends get to see an entirely different side of him that most don't, and he's very loyal and supportive as a friend. About the only requirement is to not be a dick, really. He can get along with a broad range of people.

Lovers

Sorry but this is going to be taken. You're more than welcome to have your character crush/be interested in him, but Zhi has eyes for only one person.

Enemies

Zhi doesn't really have time for industry rivalries, there are so many better things to do with his time. That being said, don't trash talk any of his friends or his groupmates. That's the fastest way to get on his shit list and not get off of it.

Others

If you guys don't know how I operate with plotting by now, I don't know what to tell you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pm
^
Penny
 Posted: Jul 7 2017, 10:08 PM
Penny
@She/Her

@Maknae: vroom vroom i'm in me mum's car

accepted !!
Welcome to RE-BYE !! Your application has been reviewed by the admin, and we're happy to announce that your character has been accepted! Thank you for following the rules and joining the RE-BYE family.

I love him!!! I really love how cleverly you adapted the whole order and everything, like- this is such a good interpretation of a character for this kind of thing???? I'm super excited to get to plot with him, too <3 Go have at it!!

Please fill out all of your claims completely so your character can be properly sorted.
pm
^
alfred konishi
 Posted: Jul 8 2017, 10:54 AM
alfred konishi
@Mandee

@imthehero: ready for this new release?!?!?!?!

@zhihao choi So we definitely need to plot these two Shiny Shiny co-leaders. I did find it funny when I was reading your app and saw that he learned Japanese and English later..which I found immensely amusing cause Alfred started off as more fluent in Japanese and English as a Japanese American.

I think these two would be awesome as so-called 'unlikely friends'? Like..everyone else thinks it's unlikely but they're actually pretty close? Alfred cares about the same sort of stuff as Zhihao does, he just doesn't feel as adept at delivering the message and feels that the 'entertainment' part comes easier to him, especially given his occasional issues with focusing.

So..I think Al would have a lot of respect for the fact that that seems to come so easily to Zhihao
pm
Users WebsiteICQAOLYahooMSN
^
zhihao choi
 Posted: Jul 8 2017, 11:11 AM
zhihao choi
@alex

@ziaoshinyshiny: this twitter account no longer exists

@alfred konishi Yeah the contrasts between them amused me too xD And I do like the idea of them being unlikely friends - probably out of necessity when they started out cause, LOL co-leaders of a group like this, but as time went on they got closer. And where Alfred might respect Zhi for his approach to important messages, I think Zhi respects Alfred for his ability to focus on performance - that's actually something he feels he has issues with, getting so hung up on everything else. So they contrast and compliment each other pretty nicely ^^
pm
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
new poll

TOGGLE SIDEBAR

NKHAAs !!
Namjoon Kim Honorary Achievement Awards

MALE OF THE MOMENT

dan berman

FEMALE OF THE MOMENT

ara so-ri bak

DUO OF THE MOMENT

jaemin kim & zhihao choi & haebitna baek & makoto naegi