RE-BYE
a personified kpop rivalry site

to re-bye

01. welcome

Register with your character's full name in lowercase letters, i.e. john doe. It's currently winter in Seoul. Everything is icy cold except our hearts... well, most of them.

JAN.2018
SUMMER BOYS comeback. d*cht comeback.
Robin comeback. Emmin comeback.

REQUESTING:
females and trainees.

the overlords

02. staff team

special thanks to -

03. credits

Credit to MERC of Great Divide for the push sidebar script. Skinned by SPICA of Shine. Mini profile by baby cakes at Shine. custom profile structure created by kookie of shine. Characters and on-site content belong to their respective writers.

OUR AFFILIATES !!
HHShadowplay Topsites

new poll

» you drive me crazy [cw], taku/claire.
pyong kim
 Posted: Dec 26 2017, 08:54 PM
pyong kim
@zee

@p-whyoh: I love how music can take you to another place. For example, ST*R is playing in this cafe, so now I'm going to another cafe...

thread content warning
bullying. non-descriptive mentions of mental breakdowns, reconditioning, homophobia.

Pyo froze from his spot at the hand dryer and stared down at his still damp hands with wide eyes. There was no way he saw who he actually saw... right? He psyched himself up and after a few seconds did a quick glance over his shoulder and back to confirm, but even before putting his eyes on him, he knew it was who he thought it was. It wasn't like this couldn't happen- as much as BOSS put their foot down about interacting with idols from other companies, meetings were impossible to avoid at events like this. After all, it wasn't like BOSS had its own bathroom, and all idols had bladders last time he checked.

Even apparently ST*R Prince Takumi Sumeragi himself.

The sarcastic thought was enough to have him rolling his eyes at himself and clenching his jaw against a frustrated noise that threatened to escape. Part of him knew the ST*R idol wasn't the spoiled brat that the paparazzi used to make him out to be; they were all human, after all. He had flaws and strengths and weaknesses just like the next person, just like Pyong did. They'd never officially met beyond a nod of a greeting backstage when ST*R and MMM had had the honor of having a comeback at the same time, but it wasn't like it mattered much anyway. They were both idols and most of their lives were an open book.

Pyo didn't want to meet him anyway, because as much as part of him knew he wasn't everything they said, the other part of him was convinced that Takumi Sumeragi was the biggest asshole in the industry right now. Little of that actually had to do with his experiences with Takumi or hearing about other people's experiences with him. It all had to do with the recent press. It all had to do with getting caught with his significant other and getting to be out and happy with them while Pyo was caught with Kyu and forced into breaking up and suffering in solitude under the watchful eyes of the company; it had to do with mental health breaks and hiatuses while Pyo was forced again and again to work himself to exhaustion for the sake of his job and his company.

It was ugly, hateful jealousy- pure and simple. Pyo knew that it was sick, knew that it would just be better if he finished drying his hands off on his pants and walked right past Taku with his head down, but the bitterness in him was catching fire and burning him from the inside. He moved without thinking and joined Takumi at the sink, reaching over to grab a paper towel above the sink even though his hands were dry enough. For a long moment, there was just awkward silence as he "dried" his hands and tried to think of something to say, then the words came tumbling out. "I don't know why ST*R even showed up. It isn't like they were going to get any awards after their disaster of a performance. It's embarrassing to even acknowledge them as a group at this point." he kept his head down, staring at his hands instead like he hadn't noticed who he was talking to. Coward? Yes, maybe, but at least he was a passive aggressive coward, getting his shots in where he could.

@takumi sumeragi
pm
email
^
takumi sumeragi
 Posted: Dec 26 2017, 09:30 PM
takumi sumeragi
@Claire

@taku_star: I'm sorry

Takumi Sumeragi
ST*R

Takumi was having that strange feeling he was being watched…which was anxiety inducing in normal circumstances, but was even more anxiety inducing when one was in the bathroom, having just finished their business.

The bathroom was strangely deserted for an awards show, and Takumi could identify the occupant that was giving him that feeling. There was something strangely familiar about him, and Takumi wondered if he was another idol because of that, but his mind was racing for who it could be. He’d fallen behind in keeping up with everyone, and even some faces in CM were blurring to him nowadays.

When he locked eye contact with the other person, Takumi quickly looked down to make sure that he’d correctly zipped everything and wasn’t being stared at for that reason, and when that was confirmed, he walked toward the sink. Normally he’d take his time to fix his hair, which was looking a little limp, but…actually he could do that. Its not like this person would stay forever, and he had to learn not to just run away from everyone who made him feel slightly awkward. So Takumi began washing his hands, even though his initial instinct was to just run out of the bathroom without doing anything. But he was raised better then that, (and that’d reflect on ST*R poorly if he was unhygienic)

The other person seemed to be about to leave, but then made a beeline to Takumi….and insulted ST*R? Takumi’s eyebrow quirked. He grabbed a paper towel himself, before saying to the other man, “Well I mean even if they had a shitty comeback, it doesn’t mean they’re barred from the industry. Everyone slips up sometimes.” He tried to act like he wasn’t talking about himself, though as he pulled his wallet out, to retrieve his comb…his wallet WAS embroidered with his name in kanji (a cute little gesture from his stepmom, who still worried about him losing things). He left that side up next to him, as he began to comb through his bangs. “Besides they deserve a break after all that’s happened, lighten up.” He sounded way too defensive, and he knew it.

@pyong kim I don't usually use GIFs with the blonde streaks, but this expression felt the best for this thread.
pm
^
pyong kim
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 07:44 PM
pyong kim
@zee

@p-whyoh: I love how music can take you to another place. For example, ST*R is playing in this cafe, so now I'm going to another cafe...

The conversation immediately fell out of his control. That wasn't necessarily all that surprising or unusual for Pyong; it was kind of how things had been since he was old enough to even have conversations. He had been determined to keep up his feigned nonchalance, but as soon as Takumi chimed up, seeming to agree with him about ST*R's failure at first, he lifted his attention up from his hands and to the mirror in front of them. Takumi wasn't giving him much attention, either much more determined to keep up a dismissive appearance, or at the least, much better at pretending to not give a fuck.

"W-wha- um...?" He opened and closed his mouth a few times, looking a lot like a fish out of water now that he'd lost the upperhand. It wasn't that he was expecting Takumi to burst into tears and lose his mind at a single insult or anything, it was just... okay, so maybe he hadn't thought the conversation through completely, because now that he thought about it, he'd expected the other to get angry with him, to snap and feel a fraction of the frustration that Pyo had been living with for years. He didn't know how to deal with anger, but he didn't know how to deal with passive aggression either.

And now the ST*R star was fixing his hair. Pyo stared at his reflection with wide eyes to keep from staring at the other rapper and took a moment to consider just making a run for it now. He had longer legs than Takumi, had an inch or two easily, so he could probably outrun him. Or maybe he should just go the "I don't speak Korean" route- what were the chances that Takumi would recognize him enough to identify him later? ...okay, that was a reach, he knew. He didn't have his head that far up his own ass- he cut his eyes to the side where Takumi was combing carefully through his bangs and mentally added probably to his previous thought.

It probably would have been enough if he'd just made some retreating comment about Takumi being wrong or an asshole or something, but the target of his pathetic attempt at "bullying" had to throw out one last comment- Lighten up. Pyo's eyes narrowed as a rush of heat rushed to meet them, tinting his cheeks pink; the little spark of frustration grew until it felt like his temper was going to burn over at those two words. He gripped the sink in front of him, mouth pinching together.

The game of pretending not to care about the conversation, pretending not to know who he was talking to, but he hadn't quite given up on pretending like ST*R was some detached thing that didn't affect either of their lives. "S-ST*R had more than a shitty comeback. They've had a... a shitty career! They fell to pieces, because they couldn't handle the pressure." He was speaking to Takumi but staring at his own reflection, aggravation hanging on his words even though he was trying his best to keep his cool. "They've been babied their whole careers. The perfect boys who, who..." he struggled for a word, cutting his eyes over to Takumi for the first time since he'd started talking, "who can't ever do anything wrong!" He cut his eyes back to the mirror, nervousness about Takumi's response suddenly swallowing him and dashing what little courage the anger had given him to pieces. He lowered his head, ignoring the pink hair falling in his face. "They fucked up... majorly, and everyone just wants to pat them on the back and tell, tell them to get better or something..."

@takumi sumeragi
pm
email
^
takumi sumeragi
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 08:55 PM
takumi sumeragi
@Claire

Takumi Sumeragi
ST*R

Takumi continued combing his hair as the boy stuttered. He was almost proud of himself, he had handled that situation with no negative emotions, maybe all of that therapy stuff was helping.

But then the guy began mouthing off again, and hit a bit deeper this time. Takumi practically bit down on his lip to keep from retorting, and he turned to face the person talking to him. “…you know a lot about ST*R and yet can’t recognize a member is in front of you? Or were you just trying to play me. “ Either this boy was very oblivious or he was deliberately playing him, but Takumi wasn’t in the mood to play innocent any longer.

“Look I don’t know who you are, and honestly I really don’t care. But if anything, ST*R fell apart because of literally everything except pressure from performance. Do you know how hard it is for me, to be here while my family falls apart in Japan? To have to negotiate for time in the middle of tour to go to my father’s funeral, and not be there to help my stepmother mourn, or to help my sister overcome her anxiety about learning to drive. No one babied me, I gave all of myself to CM until there was nothing left to give. Do you really think W*CKED did me in? I didn’t fall to pieces because of one comeback. Oh unless you’re one of those who think that my relationship with Kyung-mi is me spiraling out of control, and if that’s the case then there’s nothing I can tell you that could probably change your mind. But I can tell by how you’re made up tonight, you’re an idol too…not CM or Sealight though, but you’re someone. And that’s why I’m surprised you think I deserve mistreatment.’ Takumi realized he’d been clenching the side of the sink and he let go, his muscles tinging from the sudden movement. He hoped he hadn’t just made a bunch of assumptions and did something to fuck up things more. The words had just slipped out, and he had been provoked, he’d wanted to set the record straight to someone.

@pyong kim Ohhhhhh boy
pm
^
pyong kim
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 12:01 AM
pyong kim
@zee

"Look I don’t know who you are, and honestly I really don’t care."

Pyo stilled and slowly lifted his head up from where it was ducked, turning it equally slowly to Takumi as he kept talking. He was registering the words, listening with half an ear, but it was hard to think straight past the sudden roaring in his ears. "You... y-you don't know who I am." Pyo said flatly, staring at the other with a frankly ridiculous look of frustration on his face. He looked a lot like an angry middle schooler not getting his way, but Takumi calling him out on his playing at not knowing him and then taking a shot where it hurt the worst had put him on uneven footing.

There was no reason for Takumi to know who he was. They might have interacted twice in passing over the years, and Pyo doubted that they had said much to each other. MMM and ST*R weren't direct competitors, didn't even make the same music anymore thanks to their management's revamp, but no logic was getting through the hole Takumi had just tore in Pyo's pride. Nearly four years of hard work, of raking himself across the coals, of changing every part of him to be what BOSS wanted from him, and he still wasn't anything worth remembering.

He swallowed back the wash of pain, turning it into something he better knew how to handle. "O-oh. Of course not. No. Why would the great Takumi Sumeragi waste his time to learn anyone else's name? We've performed on the same stage for years, asshole." That had given up any farce that he didn't know exactly who he was talking about; in almost immediate hindsight, he wished he could take it back and take a shot at the other's pride in the same way he'd wounded Pyong's. Pyo didn't want to listen to reason, to listen to Takumi go on about the things he lost out on. He didn't want to feel bad about taking his anger out on the wrong person.

"I don't give two shits about your relationship! It's bullshit you get to have one at all." He wanted to suck those words back in the moment they tumbled out, but it was too late as soon as they were out there. He squeezed his eyes together as tight as he could and then blinked them back open. Shit, well, he'd already said that much, he might as well keep going. "Y-you know it's bullshit. That you and them get to just be together. None of us get to just..." He was never the best with words, and they were all failing him now. "Whatever. It-it doesn't matter! You and the rest of your stupid group think you're the only ones with problems. That you getting help is just what's supposed to happen."

He took a few breaths to calm down and shook his head, messing up his hair worse. "No. News flash. You fucked up. You're not supposed to get that many chances. N-none of us get to act that way. CM babies all of you, and if you think... if you think I'm the only idol that thinks that it's time for ST*R to get over themselves, you're delusional."

@takumi sumeragi
pm
email
^
takumi sumeragi
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 01:16 AM
takumi sumeragi
@Claire

Takumi Sumeragi
ST*R

Takumi saw how the other man’s face fell, and he sighed, “Yes I’m sorry, I don’t know who you are….some debuts are a blur to me.” That was what happened when you had depression and anxiety, and lived in your own world for so long, Takumi assumed. But Takumi frowned again, “I’m not some stuck up brat with a silver spoon in my mouth or whatever you think I am. I don’t think I’m better then anyone else, if anything I believe everyone is better then me. Really half the things you say I’ve said much worse to myself. Stop reading so much Idolgee, and you might see the real me.”

Takumi took as step back, prepared to walk away, when the other man began talking about his relationship, “You think this is easy? For me or for them? Especially for them? Its bad enough for me being bisexual, but Kyung-mi…at least I could date a cis woman, and live my life with no controversy. Kyung-mi…god just be together? Someone vandalized myhouse, when I was home…spraypainted…you can probably imagine the kind of things I’ve been called. Our whole band has lost opportunities because people think we’re corrupting society. But its all worth it for me to have one goddamn good thing in my life, and to be loved by someone.” Takumi knew better then to say that Kyung-mi mattered more to him then ST*R…but there were times he definitely felt that way. “Kyung-mi and me isn’t a fuck up, they’re the best thing to ever happen to me, ever.”

He crossed his eyes and scowled, as he kicked a stray paper towel on the floor, “ You’re the one who’s delusional if you can’t see the big picture. I was sick, I’m still sick, CM is letting me heal cause they think I’m an investment. If you view that as special treatment, me getting basic human decency then I feel sorry for you.”

@pyong kim -sigh-
pm
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
new poll

TOGGLE SIDEBAR

NKHAAs !!
Namjoon Kim Honorary Achievement Awards

MALE OF THE MOMENT

minsik bae

FEMALE OF THE MOMENT

sumi noi

DUO OF THE MOMENT

haebitna baek & makoto naegi