welcome to RE-BYE

a personified kpop rivalry site

06.01.18 a new skin update in time for our 1 year anniversary!

Needs: females, staff, other

sleepover !!

site wide anniversary event!

navigation

getting around

starter guide wanted ads member groups claims advertisements our discord
Lars
Penny
Mandee
Zee
Chai
Lyhe
Dessy
Nara

《DEBUT SPECIAL》8ctagon - Excited . 《DEBUT SPECIAL》UN1TY - Your Boy . 《COMEBACK SPECIAL》OLIVE - song . 《COMEBACK SPECIAL》The Baroness - Moment . 《COMEBACK SPECIAL》Vixen - Red Rover .

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

bubble bubble pop!, ~open!~
mani phanthittra
 Posted: Jun 17 2017, 09:07 AM
mani phanthittra
CM Entertainment
18 years old
written by lars
84 posts

Okay, so technically, Mani's brother told her she wasn't supposed to go out on her own anymore. She was a newly debuted artist in a newly popular girl group, and she was going to be a security risk from here on out. Mani understood that, especially given the loudness of the fanchants she heard for ROSEGOLD on their debut stages. It was almost unheard of... at least, since Delilah came on the scene, it had been unheard of. There were plenty of people who probably wanted to snap pictures or get in the space of the hot new girl group's maknae. And Mani's brother told her this numerous times - she needed to always leave CM Entertainment with some form of bodyguard or manager or someone else who could protect her.

And Mani understood that... but she really wanted to shop.

It wasn't like Mani was totally useless, either. She knew she was strong, stronger than most of the men at CM. She took martial arts and krav maga. Her muscles were strongly defined and visible any time she wore a short-sleeved top. She also wasn't the kind of person to take shit from anyone, so it didn't matter, she was going to go out shopping, damn it! She still had some debts to pay off to CM, but she took a small bit of her paycheck - about 113 thousand won - to buy herself something nice. Maybe a new dress that didn't come from a sponsor or a dresser? Maybe some shoes? She'd been kind of wanting some hair bows...

Mani wandered around the Fashion District, grinning behind her face mask. With her hair shoved under a beanie and most of her face covered, she didn't stand out at all, and was going completely ignored. Her clothes probably also helped; Mani was unsure when the annual heavy rains were coming, so she compromised by wearing a short-sleeved hooded sweatshirt and baggy jeans with red flats, to match the piping on her shirt. Everyone else was in their own world, parents taking children into clothing stores for school uniforms, teenage girls buried in their phones and giggling over what they'd been sent on Kakao, businessmen having suits tailored for them...

Mani wasn't sure what store to go in first. She was holding her money in a passport purse strapped to her body underneath her sweater. She supposed she was doing everything her brother told her to do... just without the bodyguard. Now... did she want to go into BeanPole first, or...? She pulled down her face mask a bit to get a better look at what options she had available to her.

tag: OPEN!

HEY BOY
JUST JUDGE ME
with what you see
PM
^
jianyi li
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 08:50 PM
jianyi li
Sealight Records
23 years old
written by chai
163 posts

@mani phanthittra
SHOW YOU UP

hope you don't mind me joining!
par·a·gon, perəˌɡän a person or thing regarded as a perfect example of a quality.
as nice as it was to be an idol, the truth was that off the stage? people didn't really recognize jianyi as jingle, the leader and vocal turned aegyo machine of delilah. they would compare her to herself more than they recognized her, even though it might have seemed obvious to some of her more...dedicated fans. her smile stays fixed on her face even as she pulls her hair out of the braid that it was in, letting it fall around her shoulders and down her back. she slides the hairtie onto her wrist, and continues walking, pulling her pale pink blazer more tightly around herself as she strides down the streets of the fashion district.

her manager would be so horrified if he saw her now, she muses, tapping on the screen of her phone and playing an idle game as she walks by. her silver infinity scarf (flecked with a matching pastel shade of blush and traces of gold) is pulled around her neck, and she toys with the edge of one sheer layer without looking up even as her character dies and plummets off the edge of a moving star. she needs a couple of new things, though not urgently. but it was nice to see what others had in store when her stylists weren't giving her clothes to wear. jianyi likes developing her own sense of style, and that hasn't changed.

she stoops down to adjust her heel, the fabric of her white jeans sliding against her ankle as she did so. wait, but- as she pauses, she notices a familiar figure in the distance. well, somewhat familiar-and she bounces on her heels to try to figure them out, before glancing around self-consciously. she doesn't want to attract attention, but...with a shake of her head and a confident nod, jianyi sets off towards the other, her hair bouncing as she does so. oh, it's...mani. rosegold, she remembers-a rapper. her smile wanes, slightly, but it's still bright and distinctly a part of jingle, the careful persona she's built up for herself over the years.

and sometimes it's hard, it really is, to tell where jingle starts and ends, but she's not going to think about that now, where she is at the moment being much more important. rosegold is...well, she doesn't consider them an opponent. not yet, and she isn't at practice and she isn't at work, and...it'd be interesting, right? to talk to mani? she knows about the other girl's views and stances more than anyone knows about her own (so rarely is it touched upon-people want to know about jingle's romances, her past, her future, her body-who cares about her opinions?) and it's intriguing. mani is.

"hello!" she greets cheerfully, waving her hand in an upbeat motion as soon as she's in hearing range. she ducks her head, the clips holding her bangs back glittering alongside her eyes. she smiles at mani. "you're mani, correct? part of rosegold? i hope it isn't rude of me to approach you right now. are you busy?" she laughs, cheeks pinking slightly, though she keeps her tone low as to not attract too much attention. "i'm sorry, i haven't introduced myself. i'm jianyi."

nicks the open thread oo :>
BY MITZI
PM
^
mani phanthittra
 Posted: Jun 20 2017, 10:15 PM
mani phanthittra
CM Entertainment
18 years old
written by lars
84 posts

Mani was seriously considering wandering into TopShop when she heard a vaguely familiar voice call out to her. It didn't sound like a friend - it sounded more like a forgotten song on the radio, or the voice of an actress playing in the background of a favored memory. It felt like summer haze -

And when Mani turned around to see Jingle, the leader of Delilah and one of South Korea's famous beauties, it all made sense. Mani immediately turned a bright red, shocked that the leader of the group that she was competing directly against was being so nice to her! Not that Mani was suspicious - she was just confused. She was a rookie, and a maknae to boot! Jingle sunbae shouldn't be paying her any attention at all!

"Yep, I'm Mani!" Mani collected herself when Jingle finally did introduce herself - Mani was racking her brain to remember Jingle's birth name. She couldn't have been born Jingle. She used to follow Delilah religiously as a trainee, why was the name not coming to her? Ugh. She was a mess. All of her years of idol-watching, only for her to dissolve into puddles every time she met someone outside of her agency. She was sure the moment she met Ji-Ho Won, she'd explode in a screaming fit of nonsense. "Oh no, it's not rude at all, you just caught me a bit off guard." Wasn't that an understatement.

Jianyi. Oh thank God. Mani didn't have to suffer the indignity of asking her name. "You're in Delilah," Mani said dumbly before blushing and shaking her head. "Sorry. Duh. I'm bad at this. I watched Delilah all the time in the dorms. I really love your guys' choreography!" Mani knew that ROSEGOLD had somewhat more sensual choreography, but one of these days she wanted to do a cutesy para-para style dance! If they were successful, maybe it would happen. "I was just going to go clothes shopping. What brings you here? You aren't even wearing a mask! My brother says that if I don't wear one, everyone will figure out where I am."

tag: @jianyi li

HEY BOY
JUST JUDGE ME
with what you see

PM
^
jianyi li
 Posted: Jun 20 2017, 11:13 PM
jianyi li
Sealight Records
23 years old
written by chai
163 posts

@mani phanthittra
SHOW YOU UP

SHES SUCH A QT
par·a·gon, perəˌɡän a person or thing regarded as a perfect example of a quality.
oh, she was so cute. the competitive side of jianyi was already analyzing and assessing through her breezy demeanor. she was cute, and pretty naturally-even through the mask. obviously, her easily flustered demeanor made her even more adorable. naturally approachable, kind, sweet-she had the potential for strong aegyo, didn't she? it was likely that she might be a little embarrassed afterwards if in front of a figure that she respected, but likely very easily pulled it off in front of her fans. wasn't she the one who talked about her opinions especially openly? jianyi was certainly viewing potential in her-it would be fascinating to see how she would turn out, and considering-

come on, jianyi, she reprimanded herself, though she didn't exactly stop taking in things about the other and presenting a possibility of what might happen in the future with the idol. instead, she let her smile widen, her grin blight and glittering in the light of the sky, "you recognize me? that's flattering. rosegold is popular, after all. you guys are very pretty, and talented. i'm looking forward to seeing how your career grows." a pause of the smile, tuck of the hair, tilt of the head. slightly shy aversion of eyelashes, and- "i'm glad i'm not bothering you, i have some experiences with doing the wrong thing and it...not ending well."

a slightly forced smile, and then jianyi continues, clapping her hands together. her wristlet clinks against her wrist, but she can't bring herself to care right now, instead her attention focused on the feeling of warmth on her skin and the girl right next to her. "your choreography is lovely, too! i particularly enjoyed the one for glitter, your title song. your debut was this month, right? your single was perfect, but don't let anyone hear me say that. we both have different styles, but i'm glad we can find some common ground." she offers the younger girl a wink and a finger pressed against her rouged lips.

jianyi's phone goes off, a little cute chime that's for her notifications, and she knows that's probably a response from the picture that she posted on her instagram a little while ago. usually, she interacts with the fans and others in the comment section, but they can wait a bit, apologetically offering a hand gesture to mani at the interruption. "i'm going shopping, too! and ah, your brother's worried, but...to be honest, people don't really recognize idols as much as you think. that woman over there told me i looked like jingle, earlier! it was a little funny, but i'm not concerned, for the most part. but don't worry, my security has my location and my number at all times, and i have this handy distress button, though i don't think i'll need it."

her eyes twinkle at mani, becoming chattier in the presence of the other. that's the type of person jingle is-less focused, but no less devoted. she's a cheerful, upbeat leader that knows how to make others feel at home, but is sweet and kind when it comes to helping others. shy and demure around others of the opposite gender, respectful around those older or above her. "would you like to go shopping together? if you'd like me to, of course. don't worry, you can always chase me off," she giggles behind her hand, ring embossed with a bell glittering, and a beam that could probably rival the sun. "but if you do, you have to promise to call me by unnie instead of another honorific the next time we meet up."

nicks the open thread oo :>
BY MITZI
PM
^
mani phanthittra
 Posted: Jun 23 2017, 12:03 PM
mani phanthittra
CM Entertainment
18 years old
written by lars
84 posts

Jianyi was much more put-together than Mani was, she realized based on her gentle and polite reaction to her word vomit about Delilah's choreography. That was why Delilah was the best - they weren't beagle-dols in any sense. They were ideal women, strong and intelligent and well-mannered; Mani still felt like her being an idol in a debuted band was some sort of bizarre mistake when she was in her down periods. Mani blushed as Jianyi paid her and her bandmates a great compliment. "Oh, thank you very much! I'll have to work extra hard to make Jianyi sunbae and her bandmates proud." That was an extremely genuine reaction on her part - Mani liked competition, but she was the kind of person who could bounce out of a competition without any hard feelings. Hopefully Jianyi was the same way, as were her other Delilah sisters. If she was like Kunwoo and Eunji could get, things really could blow into an actual rivalry, and Mani wasn't sure she was ready to handle that. Every girl in CM looked up to Delilah, whether they admitted it or not.

"No, you aren't bothering me!" Mani said hurriedly, shaking her head and her hands a bit. Jianyi did look a bit reticent. Maybe Mani could get her to come out of that shell? She was nice enough to approach her, and she didn't have to, as Mani's sunbae and an A-list star in her own right. "I had a day off that the other girls didn't. It's kind of weird being alone after all this time, you know?"

Of course, Mani couldn't stop herself from blushing furiously when Jianyi complimented their choreography and their single so effusively. They weren't the same style as Delilah at all, that was true, but Mani couldn't believe this was happening. Twelve-year-old her would've had a coronary and fainted, but Mani technically was on the same playing field now. They were both idols now with hit singles and market share. It was just hard to get that thought to stay in her head. "I'm very flattered. I'm sure the other girls would be, too, if they heard that. Don't let anyone know I told you... but if you're a girl in this industry, you look up to Delilah. Everyone does. You're the best of the best." She beamed at her, her blush finally lightening. There. Compliment war engaged!

Jianyi ignored her phone blooping, instead noting that she was shopping too. Her security knew where she was, but most people were fairly unobservant, she thought. A woman told her she looked like Jingle today! Mani laughed, covering her mouth, letting her face mask hang around her neck. It looked more like a fashionable accessory now than a forgotten mask. When Jianyi offered to go shopping with her, Mani felt a huge smile break onto her face. "I'd be honored!" And she actually was - shopping with a sunbae for someone like her was a huge deal! Jianyi also had the best fashion sense, classy while being modern. Mani looked like she fell out of a skate shop half of the time. It was her, but she felt more powerful in the stage outfits she was given, and she actually had money to get something like that now!

"Unnie?!" Mani said in shock. "Oh my gosh, you are too kind!" She grinned, pressing her hands to her lips as she looked around. "What kind of shops do you like? I just wanted to buy a new outfit. A little reward for all my hard work lately."

HEY BOY
JUST JUDGE ME
with what you see

PM
^
jianyi li
 Posted: Jun 24 2017, 02:10 PM
jianyi li
Sealight Records
23 years old
written by chai
163 posts

"no, no, you're very welcome. i don't throw out compliments for nothing, after all, and you girls have earned it! i'll make sure to tell delilah to work harder, too, so you can be more motivated," jianyi offered teasingly, taking note of the honorific. sunbae. it made her feel a little old, sometimes, but that wasn't the problem right now. she was trying to be nice to mani, mainly because she was supposed to, but she couldn't deny that she had a personal interest as well. and establishing an eunnie-dongsaeng relationship was important in this case, at the least, and she should take steps to creating that connection. ah, her management would be so proud...or, more likely, they wouldn't. what was the point of being proud of a person for doing something that they were supposed to, after all? it didn't matter that jianyi was better at it compared to the average person. it wasn't bitter, either-it was simply a confident assessment of her past acts, leading to confidence in her continued disposition and demeanor to other idols.

"i understand," jianyi nodded at mani's clarification, pushing her hair back, a trait she had developed. it had become one of her trademark movements, actually, the same way that she was known for her ever-present smile. she agreed with the other's statement entirely-it was incredibly strange to find herself alone, at times, considering the sheer amount of time that her group spent together. it was odd, coming back and realizing someone wasn't there, or if she didn't know where someone was-it made her worry, a little, but she also felt out of place. she could turn around to talk to someone or point something out to them, but they wouldn't be there, and her fingers would grasp thin air. like that. "i've grown so accustomed to having the others there that i barely know what to say when i'm without them, often."

"you're going to give me a heart attack with all these compliments. is that your diabolical plan, mani? but about what you said-not anymore, it seems," jianyi teased, finally seeming to withdraw from her shell, and winking at mani, clucking quietly. her eyes sparkled, though. it was true that sometimes the management at sl was awful (i.e. all the time) and often her group lacked the creative freedom that cm entertainment did, but she was able to sing, and dance, and inspire people. that was why she fought so hard for her career and devoted herself entirely to it-she could hate the way that what she was doing was presented, but what she was doing was her passion. could so many others say the same? "in time, i'm sure that every girl in the entertainment industry-and those who will enter the entertainment industry-will look up to rosegold, too. i'm sure that'll happen. for now, fighting!"

"no, you're too cute. you've beguiled me, and that's why i'm letting you call me unnie," jianyi told mani seriously, though she couldn't help but let a giggle punctuate the end of her sentence. she glanced at mani's outfit absently, taking in the details, and noted that they had different tastes. it was to be expected, of course, as their images were totally different, and whereas jianyi was expected to be a refined, elegant person who was modern at the same time and cute-combining the older sister image with the younger sister image-mani was supposed to be...powerful, yet endearing. she covered the endearing part of herself quite well, so that probably wasn't an issue. she wore more color than most when they were trying to present themselves in a certain way. it was certainly fascinating, though, to see mani wear what she did (if she weren't in the entertainment industry, she probably would have been labelled "rebellious" and "wild" and "unrefined") and talk about politics and her opinions and beliefs.

"ah, i actually don't have a preference," jianyi offered, embarrassed. "usually our stylist dictates what we wear, so it's rarer that i get out and actually buy myself clothes. probably only when we go on shows excluding those where we sit and talk? however, i know that one's retail and offers a lot of street fashion, and i've been interested in checking it out. that was where i was headed, actually."

i got this, i'm truly fine
@mani phanthittra ooPS LOTS OF SPEECH
PM
^
mani phanthittra
 Posted: Jun 29 2017, 09:43 PM
mani phanthittra
CM Entertainment
18 years old
written by lars
84 posts

Mani grinned at Jianyi's promise to her. Mani wasn't a mean person, but she loved competition, especially a good old-fashioned friendly sort of competition. Maybe if the two groups were seen being friendly and fun with each other, while still giving it their all on the dance floor and the sound stage, their press about the 'rivalry' would be less overblown. As far as Mani was concerned, until the girls of Delilah gave her reason to hate them, she wasn't going to hate them. "A cycle of motivation. I love it!" Mani said with a grin. "...I mean... about that... I hope you guys know that the rivalry, or whatever? We don't believe in that. We just want to make good music. And I said that everyone looks up to Delilah, and to be noticed by you guys as talented..." Mani blushed a bit before grinning even wider. "Sorry, I'm having a moment right now. Forgive me, Jianyi-sunbae."

So Jianyi felt weird without her group by her side as well. Mani knew that some groups hated each other - she tried to stay out of the way of ST*R in general, but it seemed like Kunwoo-sunbae and Eunji-sunbae spent a lot of time throwing shade at each other (and occasionally throwing actual items at each other), to say nothing of Takumi's horrid attitude towards everyone. She couldn't imagine what it would be like to be in that band! (Nor could she fathom what Anna saw in... all of them? She needed more discerning taste, like her sister, who was flawless in all areas.) "It sounds like you love your bandmates. I'm so glad. I would hate to think that you guys can't stand each other."

Mani couldn't help but blush furiously at Jianyi telling her that she would give her a heart attack... and then suggesting that ROSEGOLD was better than Delilah! Oh god, that was so wrong! "Oh no no no, we're not ever going to come close to you guys! How many daesangs have you won?!" Mani squeaked out. "And awards on music shows and records sold and love calls - oh no, we hardly ever get love calls, except for Anna but she opened her mouth on that radio show..." That was a fun day. Anna Baek, open for business! Hopefully her brother kept himself glued to her on her next day off, to prevent a bunch of errant marriage proposals from happening. "...you are seriously so nice, Jianyi-sunbae. I'm... I wasn't sure what to think when we debuted. I was afraid everyone would think we were trying to steal your thunder, or that we'd behave as badly as ST*R, or..." Mani didn't even want to say "Baby Girlz". Everyone knew how they collapsed. "Sometimes... I read the netizen comments, and they make me motivated to move forward, but sometimes they hurt."

Jianyi-sun - no, Jianyi-unnie looked her over, checking her clothing. Mani flinched a bit - she knew she wasn't the best dresser, but that wasn't Jianyi's thought process at all. Their stylist usually dressed them, she said, but she was interested in checking out a street fashion store. Mani's eyes lit up. "Oh, I'd love to go! I don't even know where to start, so that's as good a place as any! Where is it? Nearby?"

HEY BOY
JUST JUDGE ME
with what you see
PM
^
jianyi li
 Posted: Jun 30 2017, 03:37 PM
jianyi li
Sealight Records
23 years old
written by chai
163 posts

there was something to be said about the approachable demeanor of mani, which jianyi has to admire. maybe it was an age thing, but she remembers that when she was in her teens, she was...less approachable, that was for sure. definitely something, though. if she were scouted before that, would she be a trainee then? that was definitely something that she wanted to think about later on, but for now, she supposed she would have to stick to talking to mani, which wasn't a totally awful thing, either. in fact, the other was a pleasure to speak to-polite, bubbly, and understanding. there was enough division between the two of them for a bond of required respect, and yet there was enough similarity that the two were able to find companionship. they were compatible, after all. it was interesting. "ah, no, i understand completely. i'm not entirely oblivious, despite what the media may claim at times. if possible, i'd like to encourage the rivalry-but only as a healthy relationship. as soon as the cameras are off, i'd like to pursue...a mentorship relationship, of a sort. friends, at the very least."

"you have a lot of potential, that's why. and aish, don't call me sunbae," jianyi chided mock-seriously, though her smile was currently for show only and her mind was brewing up considerations. her company would definitely want her to be more competitive, and while she could have some differences in opinion, usually her input wasn't valued. she was merely a girl who could sing and look pretty-they could pick up one of those anywhere. having a rivalry on-screen, though...she'd need to talk to the rest of her group, most likely, and go from there. she had some thoughts, but nothing was guaranteed at this point. "don't you love yours, mani? every group has their differences, but in the end, i think they're bound to love each other somehow. even st*r," she added, because that group was a little more than insane and she respected them for being able to recover from scandals, but it was more than likely that them being males had something to do with it. "but yes. i love the other girls, and i try to do my best as a leader."

"ah, both of us are too complimentary," jianyi mourned in mock-sorrow. if they looked at it from a professional standpoint, delilah was obviously a major contender and far more superior. they had a "better" label, less potential for a scandal (no st*r, no miracle, etc-), and had achieved huge amounts of success already, winning dozens of awards and being the top-performing group in korea (possible the top-performing group, period). but rosegold had the potential, and was already achieving huge amounts of success. she suspected that online, they were going to become extremely popular, and especially internationally-their bold, brash concept was probably going to fit in more there. south korea tended to prefer a different type of idol, in her eyes. but still-there were huge amounts of potential. "ah, mani, you worry too much. there are always people like that, you know? stealing thunder because of similar comeback dates, judging you on how you act. it's a part of the idol life. we both accepted it, but i agree, it doesn't make it any easier."

"being nice to your fellow idols is what i try to do," jianyi offers the other. her fingers curl around each other. there's a lot that she doesn't do, but being nice is definitely not one of those things. jianyi does turn into what's basically a "wreck-the-other-idol" machine behind the scenes, but to their faces, she tries to...help, at the very least. not their success, but their mood. that's the least she can do. the incredible amount of stress and problems that they face are unavoidable, but petty rivalry when images don't clash doesn't make her happy. "they've been through what you have. i think understanding from someone who's supposed to hate you helps, a lot. and netizen comments...it helps to avoid the media, if you know that something particularly awful has just happened and people are trying to drag you in. be careful of how you act. make friends that'll help you out of tight spots. listen to your manager." she offers a smile, and then shakes it off. "ah, i really did sound like a mentor then, didn't i? but old, too..."

"just across the street," she laughed, pointing it out, a tall, rectangular building. it would be nice to shop with someone, after all. she tilted her head, inviting mani to start walking, and would fall in step naturally. "are you interested in fashion, mani?"

@mani phanthittra PLS GO WILD WITH THE STORE DESCRIP LMAO
PM
^
mani phanthittra
 Posted: Jul 8 2017, 01:04 PM
mani phanthittra
CM Entertainment
18 years old
written by lars
84 posts

Mani covered her mouth in surprise and happiness. Jianyi wanted to offer Delilah as... mentors? To ROSEGOLD? And her?! The glittering in her eyes was impossible to ignore, and she had to keep back a little squeak of shock and awe. She couldn't believe how much Jianyi was doing for her right now, nor could she believe that her unnie was so kind, refined, polite, and poised. She really was the ideal woman. Maybe one day Mani could be like that - but it would take so much work. For one thing, she didn't look very good in the prim clothing Jianyi favored. Her stylist must be incredible... or she had her own innate sense of style. Mani lacked that. She just wanted to wear jeans and beanies all the time. "Okay, unnie, I won't call you sunbae anymore!" Mani promised, pulling her hands away from her face. "We'll do everything to make sure that we give Delilah rivals to compete against!" She meant it fully, and gave Jianyi a thumbs-up of approval.

"Of course I love the rest of ROSEGOLD," Mani told her. She'd grown up with them practically, since she'd been training for such a long time. Haebitna and Anna were constants in her life from the moment they joined CM Entertainment, and they'd been through everything together - Anna's development into a boy-crazy young woman, Haebitna's first relationship that ended in scandal but surprisingly not heartbreak, the long hours put into "Glitter", the practice and the dancing and the happiness and the sadness and being dressed and... "Haena and Anna are actual sisters, but I feel like one of their sisters as well. We're like a family." The mention of ST*R though made Mani pause. "I don't know what to make of them. I know that Eunji isn't is as bad as he's made out to be. I hope the others see that."

People stealing thunder, acting like people shouldn't debut as the same time as other established acts, fanwars of the highest degree... that would always happen in the idol world. Mani just had to accept it, even though it didn't make life any easier. If you were nice, no one could fault you. Mani nodded with a smile, understanding exactly where she was coming from. Jianyi was the perfect mentor, giving her all the advice she needed about netizens and the media and avoiding the whole show. She nodded. "You did, but it's great! I... I know that I still have a lot to learn. I spend too much time running off my mouth sometimes. That's what Haena says to me..." Usually after she went on a political tangent about the stupidity of the world around her. She couldn't help it! The patriarchal society that enveloped them both made them stars and broke them down in the most demeaning of ways! She was seventeen years old and she could make her own decisions. She wasn't a child anymore, but everyone wanted to make her into a sexy baby.

The two of them walked into the store, and Mani felt her eyes widen. It was a huge sleek building, white stone flooring and pillars giving the store a very modern feel. The windows were all plate glass, and sunlight poured in, making the space airy and light. Clothes were set onto small square stones all over the floor, folded expertly with only a few samples of every item available to try. This must be what high fashion was like - no shopping at Forever 21 here, this was the real deal. There was a line of mannequins in the center of the two-story store, and each of them was outfitted in the highest fashion. Mani wanted to reach out and touch the coats, but that would probably be frowned upon.

"I do... but I don't know much about it..." Mani admitted, her eyes being drawn to a long-sleeved mini dress on a nearby stone. "...I wanted to find something a bit different from my normal wear."

HEY BOY
JUST JUDGE ME
with what you see
PM
^
jianyi li
 Posted: Jul 8 2017, 05:53 PM
jianyi li
Sealight Records
23 years old
written by chai
163 posts

"that's good," jianyi hums in approval. deep bonds are an intrinsic part of long-lasting groups, after all, especially if they want to prosper. even if they're not positive, the understanding of success and the desire to work with others in order to accomplish that success is highly important. if someone doesn't want that, then they should have debuted alone or gone into a different industry. her thoughts, not anyone else's. besides, she's entitled to her opinion. is she entitled to the right to voice it? that's anyone's guess. she'll keep it to herself, anyways. she wants to also throw in a metaphor about how sisters will fight, no matter how loving, but that sounds kind of ridiculous in retrospect. and besides, that advice will come to pass in its own time. there's nothing for it now, she shouldn't try to push advice unto the other in pseudo-sagacity-they have things to do. that's the end of it, or at least it is for now. the comment about st*r makes her pause, reconsider, and file away the information for later. doubtless they know more about each other than jianyi can claim to, and that's...interesting, at the very least. have mani and eunji run into each other in the past? are they close? "their success as a group is commendable. i'm sure that they think upon each other fondly, at the least."

she can share most of the political sentiments that mani does. it's unfair that when a man smokes, it's simply an unhealthy habit, whereas when a woman smokes, she's seen as without morals and...easy. or the lack of focus there is on the female workforce. the consistent emphasis on women to be cute but sexy, innocent but suggestive. how male idols could be a part of adult scenes in a movie without repercussions to their career, but female idols would find problems moving on from that often because their "pure" image had been corrupted. how they were seen as dishonest for wearing makeup and clothing that didn't mirror their real faces when that was under company request. being constantly asked probing questions about their love life that were hard to fend off because the company would despise you if you said something negative or non-positive towards another group or artist but immediately attacking you as soon as you did so. not being able to express discomfort or fight off any people who harassed you for fear of seeming "unladylike" or too wild and being immediately shamed in the streets, but receiving criticism for allowing them to do whatever they wanted, especially internationally. the list of grievances went on and on.

"it's important to make a change with the cards that you've been given," jianyi shares at last. it is. she wants to make her own imprint in the world. she empathizes. but wow, the manager must have their work cut out for them-focus, focus. a pause as she considers how to phrase this properly, to express "but you have to be careful to not damage the career that's given you this possibility. your beliefs are important. you're in a position where you can actually do something and inspire others, so you should do something about it. but you need to keep that position where you can do something. speak in moderation. if you're too outspoken, people will judge you for it, saying you're an idol, not a politician, and you'll lose popularity as an idol. so you need to figure out how to balance the two. this isn't a reprimand, just a word of advice. there's no need to keep the two separate and continue to consistently advertise one or the other. just remember why you're there. remember what's giving you the chance to talk about something that you care about. don't let anything blind you so much that you lose sight of what's given you the chance to talk and the importance of maintaining it. they're both important."

"too long?" she offers wryly, not used to pulling out inspirational speeches on the fly. actually, she kind of is before performances and offering pep talks on reality television shows when she's supposed to, though she's pretty sure that she's more meant to do fun girl talks and sleepovers. well, whatever, the viewer rating was actually quite positive. as they talk, the rush of air from the air conditioning making her blink. ah, that's nice. she takes a glance around, not the slightest bit fazed in comparison to mani, and then follows the other's gaze to a cute dress. oh, that's nice. definitely not in colors that she would wear herself, but definitely something. she wonders if she should try something bolder-but her image, she reminds herself. right. she picks it up and offers it to the other girl, turning to take a couple steps forward and browse the racks as she does so. her lips curl into a smile as she chooses something to her liking, holding it up to her and then grabbing a matching set of jeans-pale blue, both hands occupied with holding them next to her and glancing at mani for approval. "you can only grow with experimentation, after all. what do you think of this? too simple?"

at mani's answer, jianyi lets out a contemplative hum and drapes it over her arm thoughtfully. "you seem like you would have good fashion sense, though. you have this confidence, this aura that makes it easier to wear whatever you want to." a moment of digging through multicolored miniskirts, and then she grabs the first jacket that catches her eye. she's usually short on time whenever she actually has to shop, so speed-shopping has become a thing for her: looking for outfits and sets and then going for it. "like this, maybe?" she suggests lightly, half-joking, half-serious. it's definitely a statement piece, but what would it look like on the other girl?

@mani phanthittra jianyi's suggestion: link jianyi's question: link
PM
^
mani phanthittra
 Posted: Jul 24 2017, 10:56 PM
mani phanthittra
CM Entertainment
18 years old
written by lars
84 posts

Jianyi unnie was right... they had been together as a group a long time, just about as long as Delilah. Their success was commendable, and surely they weren't ready to tear each others' throats out all the time. They made their music as a unit, and Mani saw the way they behaved around each other. Nagito, the cutest boy Mani had ever seen (but she wasn't about to throw herself at Haena's future brother-in-law, oh no, he was too pretty for her by half), was generally glued to Eunji's hip; Yeong and Jinsoo often went out and played silly pranks; even Takumi, for all of his attitude problems, could easily be seen on premises teaching some of the trainees how to better dance or use their body to express themselves more fully. She frowned a bit. "I wonder if it doesn't all get to them. The rumours and the way the gossip rags circle them like sharks. I know that they can get... feisty... with each other... but I don't think any of them hate each other. Kunwoo and Eunji... they're passionate, so passionate, and sometimes it just spills over. Takumi, too. They're all driven by the same fire, but they live in a world where you have to always be perfect." Mani feared the same thing, honestly. She wasn't perfect. Jianyi was so beautiful and so poised, the ideal woman. Mani was the modern woman - no one's ideal but her own.

Mani did run her mouth a lot. She wasn't going to deny it. She had a lot of strong feelings - the same passion that she knew lived in Kunwoo and Eunji and allowed them to create such relatable, beautiful art - and she wasn't used to keeping them bottled up. Being cute and perky and a good dancer was only going to get her so far, but she didn't want to compromise her feelings. She wanted to be herself every step of the way. Was that even possible? Was Jianyi like her back when she debuted, only to become the epitome of poise and loveliness? Mani couldn't tell from her response - make a change with the cards you are given, but don't damage the means you had to do so. Mani nodded. It was quite the tightrope she was walking, and one false step would send her tumbling over the edge. Jianyi laid it all out plainly - she had to speak, but not often enough that people viewed her as shrill or a budding polemic. Remember why she was here. She was here... "...I've always wanted to be an idol above all else." Mani said it with pride and satisfaction and a bit of a nervous tremor. She still couldn't believe she was one. "No, not too long... you're incredible, Jianyi unnie. I... I never thought of it like that at all. Have you thought about things like this a lot?" The question was innocent, but Mani needed to know. She wanted to know what questions might keep her up at night the longer into her career she got. "I am afraid of being unpopular, you know. I just feel like it's not enough to sell girl power with skirts and lipsticks. That's... not even close to enough. I want women to genuinely feel empowered by me."

Jianyi's first choice... would've looked absolutely fantastic on her, but Mani? Mani wasn't so sure she could pull off such a simple, sophisticated look. She frowned a bit, wondering if she should try it on anyways. "It would look amazing on you. I don't know how it would look on me..." Mani didn't mean to sound depressed about that, but it did come out sort of wistful. Anna and Haena could pull off the more mature looks, and Kina was a perfectly adorable sort who made poofy skirts and frilly ties look perfectly fashionable. Mani looked tougher, a bit more badass. If she put a bow in her hair, she was certain that female gangsters would probably imitate her. That was her look... she wanted to be softer, but everything about her emanated something a bit more powerful than off-the-shoulder ruffles.

Jianyi didn't seem to think so. ''...confidence?" Mani noted, not feeling confident at all. "...I mean, I kind of want to try it on..." But the coat - the coat was amazing! Very her style. But... wasn't the whole point of this to break out of her comfort zone? "I love that coat, but... I want to try and be more... sophisticated. More like Anna-ssi and Haena-ssi." Try as she might, she would never be like human cupcake Kina. No confidence would get her to that point.

HEY BOY
JUST JUDGE ME
with what you see
PM
^
jianyi li
 Posted: Aug 16 2017, 11:37 PM
jianyi li
Sealight Records
23 years old
written by chai
163 posts

nan dangsin mame deulgo sipeoyo

"you speak as if you know them well," jianyi states with no little amusement, tone lilting. "i'm glad." and a little interested, if she were to be honest. she knew so little of sealight-her managers, her staff, kyungmi by name, a couple more stylists, and that was it. she had met up with the leaders, of course, but they weren't familiar. she could never remark upon them in the same way, unless it was about what they ordered for lunch, and even then she would be at somewhat of a loss. she would like to place the blame on the others and how they disliked delilah, that they persecuted the group. no such thing seemed apparent-they worked underneath the same company, after all. and there was, apparently, no dislike in sealight. apparently they were being run into the ground, and dying at that rate took too much energy for petty rivalries. pity. jianyi had possible rivalries in spades. maybe in a rival-off, she would win. or perhaps rosegold-had they mingled with the rookie groups, yet? it would be sure to be fascinating. hopefully their comeback would live up to expectations. she knew delilah's would. it wouldn't be delilah if it didn't, would it? still...the thought of a comeback made her purse her lips. she wouldn't have time for little shopping trips, luxuries of time.

"i think about it, sometimes," jianyi says. she smiles at her hands, which are covered in fabric, and folds up the shirt again, placing it on a pile of clothes. she does. it keeps her up at night, and then she berates herself over it because jianyi's never really been interested in politics, why does it bother her now? but it's not really a issue of politics and law and society-it's a human issue. it's something that concerns all of them, not just women or men or nonbinary people. mani wanted to be an idol. that was good. she didn't need to want to be a human-she was already one, so there was no need, honestly. some people were still finding their humanity. mani needed no such journey-she seemed happy where she was. and there jianyi was, spouting all the sage nonsense that she was unaccustomed to actually giving. it was perhaps better suited to a romance novel from years ago, or perhaps some coming of age story that someone got inspired to write after reading a greeting card with pink and golden glitter. ah, no, now she was thinking of rosegold again-which was not her intention. nonetheless, she continues. "isn't it natural to? we're all affected by it, so it's not like i'm discussing some theory that's completely unknown to me. you must know the feeling, mani."

"empowerment doesn't mean molding yourself into anything. it doesn't mean presenting yourself a certain way in order to make others feel empowered. i think that's something that i struggle with, myself. i'm...generally not one that a person would describe as being revolutionary or empowering in any way. i try to be myself as much as possible, though. when it comes down to it. there's no point of trying to motivate and inspire others if you can't be who you really are. of course, the second doesn't apply to you, but how is it not aspiring to look at rosegold? the entertainment industry is harsh, but you've gone through it at such a young age. and you've triumphed-your success is flowing out of the ground." she plays with the tag of a dress, pulling it against her frame. the fabric is off-white and flowy, with a belt around the middle. it's too short. she puts it back. "i guess what i'm basically trying to say is that empowering others is good. you're here to entertain, and that means bringing emotion out of people. but don't modify who you are to achieve your intended effect. how can you expect others to be themselves when you yourself am not being totally honest?"

"isn't it about how you present yourself?" jianyi says, her smile brightening. "i think you would look nice, personally, but that's just me. you have a very strong, distinct set of features. they're striking. they make you look twice. maybe people don't think you're beautiful at first, but their gaze is drawn again and again until they reconsider. you're fierce, but who said you can't be sassy and fierce?" she pauses, thumbing the material. it might look a little different than she imagined, but...mani's might be right. she puts aside the shirt, though she keeps it close to the other, nonetheless, as she does with the coat as well, winking at mani, and keeps on walking for a moment until she sees an entire outfit put together-coat, turtleneck, jeans, and all. she hesitates for only a moment before she snatches it off the rack, the other clothes swinging with the disruption. jianyi ignores it, speedwalking back to mani, and dumps it in her arms, piling it atop the other clothes that she had suggested wearing, and steers her towards the dressing rooms. if mani voices any objections, jianyi goes deaf temporarily. it's a stressful illness.

"try it on," jianyi says, her eyes twinkling. "i know you and i talk a lot, but it's time to act now, right? show me how you look."

and then she shoves mani through a door, stealing the placard with the chosen amount of items written on it, and hangs it on the door for her. there.

PM
^
mani phanthittra
 Posted: Aug 27 2017, 12:53 PM
mani phanthittra
CM Entertainment
18 years old
written by lars
84 posts

"Oh, I try," Mani admitted, "but I don't think anyone can understand ST*R fully. Eunji is like a brother to me... a little brother. He's a bit of a brat, but underneath all of that he's such a softie. You know he collects Pusheens? The little Facebook cat? He never mentions it in interviews or fansigns, but he absolutely loves cats." Mani giggled, covering her mouth, in no way catching on to what Jingle unnie was actually thinking about. She just looked pensive and comforting, like an older sister. "And I do know that Nagi is not Byeol. They aren't the same person. At least, I don't think so..."

Jingle unnie thought about empowerment and her role as a woman in the industry a lot. That must come with experience, Mani reasoned. She was still very new to the public eye. Maybe that's why Jingle unnie told her that real empowerment didn't come from molding yourself into a box. She struggled with the idea of being empowering and revolutionary herself, and Mani couldn't believe what she was hearing - but maybe she could. Everyone viewed themselves in an odd sort of prism, their true impact and features distorted in facets, catching some of the truth but not all of it. There was no point if you weren't being yourself. Not that Mani had to worry about being inspirational - ROSEGOLD was successful out the gate, and to have such a platform and such success at that age... Mani blushed involuntarily, her eyes trailing over clothes she could barely dream of having during her trainee days. She supposed it was something, to be able to put herself in the same financial bracket as someone like Jingle unnie. "I like that dress," Mani said unprompted before biting her lip. "I want to be more honest. I feel like there's just... rumours about me. Little whispers about what I'm actually like. I'm just afraid that the second those whispers become reality, everything will come crashing down on me." It was a realistic fear. It was one thing to be suspected of being a social crusader, it was another to have all of your ideals be splayed out in a gossip rag for easy consumption.

Confidence was more about how you presented yourself, wasn't it? Mani nodded before realizing what she'd just done. Urk. Her compliments were too much, almost, and Mani felt like she was going to sink through the floor. Her features were striking, the kind that drew people in before they realized what was happening - Mani blushed heavily, a few particular faces coming to her mind. She wouldn't mind if they noticed her beauty in the same way... but what was she thinking? She wasn't Anna! She didn't need to be focused on boys. This was for her. This was her money and the only heads she wanted to turn were those of other women, who would be inspired to be just as fierce as her. Jingle unnie suggested she could be sassy and fierce if she so wished... and the argument was convincing enough to allow Mani to take the outfit Jingle unnie put together delicately. "Okay, I -"

But she was shoved through a door before she could get out any more words. The dressing rooms here were oddly placed, but Mani just shrugged it off, taking off her casual strolling clothes before layering the items with precision. The coat would look better if the sleeves were rolled up, she thought... why did Jingle unnie give her a purse? Whatever, it was a cute purse... it didn't take long for Mani to walk out of the dressing room in brown boots, highwater jeans, a chunky black and white turtleneck, and a plaid coat, the purse thrown over her shoulder -

And she caught a look at herself in the mirror just opposite her dressing room.

She looked exactly how she wished she looked, without sacrificing her own personality. The bold mix of patterns spoke to there being a lot more going on upstairs than most would assume. The pop of the purse gave her an edge of playfulness, and the turtleneck and jeans and boots were all high-class. Mani couldn't stop herself from beaming. "...oh my god."

tag: @jianyi li - she likes it <3

HEY BOY
JUST JUDGE ME
with what you see

PM
^
jianyi li
 Posted: Sep 30 2017, 12:21 AM
jianyi li
Sealight Records
23 years old
written by chai
163 posts

nan dangsin mame deulgo sipeoyo

he collected pusheen plushies? pusheen was the cute gray cat she saw someone try to pawn a plushie of on the street, right? but it was cute and aesthetically pleasing despite the thick lines and curved designs, though she would usually prefer vibrant, thin colors and lines. it was cute, and jianyi was cute for cute things and people: delilah, serena, macarons, rosegold, cotton candy, puppies, romance novels...the list went on and on, and she can't help but soften right now to en at the thought of him collecting plushies. she can't help but entertain the thought that if st*r and delilah ever cross paths now, she'll end up smiling at en at some point because of this new information. mani just knew the most interesting things. and, oh, her giggle was cute, too.

"they have very similar features," jianyi confesses. "i haven't seen much of nagi, nor byeol-sunbae, but there's something about them. odd, since byeol-sunbae is korean and nagi is japanese, but it is what it is." byeol has differently colored hair, anyways, and she thinks his hair is the pretty gold of sunlit sand. it matches him, all smooth and warm. she likes his body type. nagito is pale, possesses an otherworldly beauty, and has hair that's dark and equally as pretty. they're both pretty, though, vaguely feminine in the way that they look by a tiny bit, but there's nothing wrong with that. they're gorgeous, visually appealing, and she thinks that the way that they look when they smile is damnably attractive. everyone in this industry is, from st*r's manager (jianyi sought for her photos online more than the actual members) to celeste.

"oh, mani,"jianyi says affectionately, so pleased with this two-toned dream girl with features much more non-idol than her own. she watches mani talk about her fears, her thoughts, and it would be so easy to just pat her head and write mani's fears off as silly, but she's dealt with growing up with seven other girls as the leader of the figurative pack, and she can't find it in her to just tell mani that her fears aren't valid. wasn't it scary to wonder if the girl you pretended to be or people thought you were was actually you? dramatic, sure, but definitely something that jianyi could emphasize about, even if it wasn't to the extent that mani did. it was strange, living in a world that was all glitter, smoke, and mirrors-you began to doubt what was real and what wasn't, even when it came to the person that you should have known best-yourself.

"don't you trust the other girls to tell you if you do change?" jianyi says, instead, because while it's so incredibly easy to doubt yourself, doubting the gorgeous, wonderful, talented girls in your group is usually a little more difficult, and rosegold seems like they have a strong bond, so something this isn't something unique to jianyi alone. it's easy to feel scared, inadequate, ugly, overhyped, and utterly terrified when the women you work with are at least beautiful as the miss korea winners. "i can't make you forget that fear. that's way out of my hands, but i can say i emphasize a little bit, as pretentious as it feels to say that to you, even as a senior."

the mood takes a complete turn as mani agrees to what jianyi asks of her: she clasps her hand together as soon as mani's dressing room door close, and glances at the rack of several different varieties of women's double-breasted blazers nearby, though out of her arm's reach, and is looking at a black and white one contemplatively when mani walks out. the quiet exclamation is what grabs her attention. she whirls around to see mani. oh, wow, she looks amazing. kyungmi would be proud. years of gently advising her fellow delilah members had apparently finally paid off in the form of a jawdropping, beaming mani. was jianyi supposed to feel like as much of a proud mother as she did right now? she decides that she has the right. "if you don't walk out with that outfit, it better be because i'm carrying your bags for you and not any other reason," jianyi teases, but she glows with excitement. mani looks so good.

PM
^
mani phanthittra
 Posted: Nov 18 2017, 01:47 PM
mani phanthittra
CM Entertainment
18 years old
written by lars
84 posts

Jingle unnie mentioned that there was something about Won and Nagito. Mani had to blush a bit at that - there wasn't a woman in CM Entertainment who hadn't once had a crush on the man, because of that something. Maybe it was the same for Won at Sealight, even though Mani couldn't say that she'd ever met the man before. She would know once she met him what that feeling was like. "Some people are born beautiful, they say, but I think it goes beyond that. There is something striking about both of them - something that makes you yearn to say something to them, even though you know that they belong to some other world. And... they kind of do, when you listen to them talk." Mani giggled a bit before covering her mouth and frowning. "You know what I mean."

Mani couldn't really keep her jovial mood, though. She was very afraid of what the future might hold for her and ROSEGOLD - they were her sisters, her confidantes, and she was the youngest. She had so many hopes and dreams on her, and she wasn't even fully grown yet. She had so much ahead of her, and that long, winding, open road scared her and emboldened her and neutered her all the same. Jingle unnie let out a pitied little "oh Mani" upon hearing her fears, before asking a very simple, very piercing question - "don't you trust the other girls to tell you if you do change?"

Mani never thought of the girls like that. Not because they were bad people - on the contrary, she'd just been thinking about how much they all meant to her. Mitsuki and Anna and Haena were her closest friends, almost family at this point. She didn't like to talk much about her family situation, and had gone into the idol life partially because of how pushy her mother's nagging was, and how much it had eaten at her as a child. Her father was slightly better, but they were just an average, boring family that wanted Mani to be the prim, perfect girl who could marry a staid office manager and spit out some boring kids. She was never going to be that person. She sometimes wondered, at the tender age of seventeen, if love was in her cards at all. And inside, despite her worries, she knew that, if she was to change for the worse, Haena would be there with cookies and tea, Anna would find her a photocard set of a hot boy, and Mitsuki would curl up on her shoulder and tell her that the world was there for her, however she wanted to express herself. They were her people. She was their person.

Mani bit her lip before nodding. "We're in this together. They're... they're my best friends. My family."

And because of that, maybe Mani felt a bit more confident in taking Jingle unnie's chosen outfit and putting it on. It wasn't something she'd ever choose for herself, just seeing it lying around, but when she caught a glimpse of what she could be, the future that might be in store for her with this outfit and this styling and this brain... she was stunned. All she could say was "oh my god", but of course Jingle unnie had the right words.

Mani laughed, wiping a weirdly emphatic tear out of her eye. This was a roller coaster of a shopping trip! She smiled at Jingle unnie, folding her hands together. "This is exactly how I want to look. Of course I'm buying this. I wish I could buy five copies of this, but I don't quite have ST*R money yet." Not that the boys ever seemed to display spendthrift qualities. Mani knew that some bands, when they hit it rich, immediately thought to dress themselves head-to-toe in mismatched Gucci. And if that kind of change happened in Mani, she hoped someone would smack her head and buy her a maxi dress or something. She turned back into the mirror and smiled. "...thank you, Jingle unnie. I don't deserve this."

HEY BOY
JUST JUDGE ME
with what you see

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll