RE-BYE
a personified kpop rivalry site

to re-bye

01. welcome

Register with your character's full name in lowercase letters, i.e. john doe. It's currently winter in Seoul. Everything is icy cold except our hearts... well, most of them.

JAN.2018
SUMMER BOYS comeback. d*cht comeback.
Robin comeback. Emmin comeback.

REQUESTING:
females and trainees.

the overlords

02. staff team

special thanks to -

03. credits

Credit to MERC of Great Divide for the push sidebar script. Skinned by SPICA of Shine. Mini profile by baby cakes at Shine. custom profile structure created by kookie of shine. Characters and on-site content belong to their respective writers.

OUR AFFILIATES !!
HHShadowplay Topsites

new poll

» baekhyeon im // actor, queen elinor from brave
baekhyeon im
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 01:38 AM
baekhyeon im
@alex

@baekhyeon_im: N/A

Sealight Records
Actor
A / 182cm / 63kg
88/06/22

Hobbies

Sewing, reading, flower arranging, chess, dancing, knitting, cooking(aka trying new recipes), mothering people

Spending time with his family and former groupmates, being positive, flowers, nice clothes, volunteering, meeting fans, cats, oversized sweaters, curling up with a good book, children, cooking for people, desserts

Dislikes

Rudeness, disrespect, bad manners, violence, bad publicity, negativity in the media, judgment culture, double standards, misogyny, basically any kind of -phobia that invalidates others

Player Name:

Alex

Other Characters:

Yuuri Katsuki | Ji-min Moon | Iseul Song |Zhihao Choi | Zhifang Moon | Jackson Zheng | Min-jun Mun | Bai Lin | Saranyu Prasongsanti | Sorin Lee | Taiyang Hou | Jae-suk Min | Erik Jin | William Dahn | James Bahn | Shiyi Bai | Hyunwoo Byun | Minsun Moon | Seongmin Moon

PM/Discord/summoning me with EXO
Baekhyeon Im
Baekhyeon Im

Rating: PG-13
Archive Warning: No Archive Warnings Used
Category: Multi
Fandom: Rebye
Characters: Baekhyeon Im
Additional Tags: background info, slice of life, happy ending i promise
Language: English
Stats: Published: 2018-01-10
Updated: 2018-01-10
Words: 798 Chapters: 1/1
Comments: 88 Kudos: 92
Bookmarks: 15 Hits: 602

And the Story Begins
galaxy

Summary:
The early life of Baekhyeon, and how it brings him to Rebye history as an idol, then an actor.

Notes:
Yay for new app layouts trying to kill me

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter 1

Our story really begins when Baekhyeon was five years old. Before then, he had been an only child - doted on by his parents, and treated like a prince. But when his sister came along, the family dynamic switched.

Baekhyeon was no longer the most important person in the household. It was hard to deal with at first, and he might have acted out a little more than he should have. But by the time his sister was a year old, he was acting like the older brother he should be. Wherever he went, she was sure to be. They were inseparable.

Until the triplets came along. He was 10, she was 5, and the family dynamic swapped once again. Three young children were much harder to keep track of than one, but Baekhyeon did his best to help his parents out. He had long since stepped into the seriousness of his role as older brother, and knew he had to look out for them.

His sister wasn't so eager to fall into her role. She was more content to keep up with her own interests and started to distance herself from her siblings. Life went on despite it all, and Baekhyeon was fifteen before he really allowed himself the idea that he deserved to go after what he wanted in life.

Falling into the role of looking out for his family had been easy, but he had neglected his own wants and desires as a result of it. He got so tied up in his role of older sibling that he felt guilty when he was given the chance to audition for Sealight Records.

Becoming an idol had been a dream since he was a little over six years old, watching Kpop videos on television - first to entertain his fussy little sister who had been teething, but it quickly became a fixation for him. He wanted to move beyond the domestic helper/big brother he'd become and do something more with his life.

He wanted the glamour and excitement that came with becoming an idol. And when he made it in as a trainee, it was one of the happiest days of his life.

But the rift it opened up in his family...well, that left a hole in his heart that still hasn't quite healed to this day.

Life as a trainee wasn't easy, nor was it what Baekhyeon had expected, but he thrived in his dancing and singing lessons. Living in an environment away from his family - who had been so important to him all of his life - was hard to get used to at first. He got lonely, and missed them when he wasn't able to see them.

Life has a habit of going on before you realize it, and before he knew it, one year had passed. Then two. And three. Before he was consciously aware of the shift, he was being prepared for a new group concept.

Trainees he'd been living and practicing with were suddenly part of a new forming family around him. They had been chosen for the co-ed group concept called F4T3, and five years after the debut of company favorite group d*cht, they made their debut on stage.

Being an idol wasn't easy, but it was another challenge in Baekhyeon's life that he took to readily. He wasn't the leader - that responsibility going to someone older and more experienced than him - but he was known as the eomma of the group.

His groupmates became family to him, just as close as - if not closer than, in at least one case - his own siblings.

But all good things come to an end. F4T3 lasted eight years before the rug was pulled out. The leader was suddenly pulled from the group, tearing apart the cohesive unit that had worked so well until then. The remaining members were given the option to do one more release as a group, then the concept would be dissolved.

Baekhyeon became leader for their last year, and threw his all into it. They broke records, won awards and made themselves notorious for their last release. It didn't lessen the sting of the group breaking apart any easier to deal with, but those of them who were left remained friends afterwards.

That might have been the end of Baekhyeon's career if not for his decision to try acting several years before. He'd had a role in a drama that highlighted his ability to act believably with little proper training, and when given the option to resign his contract with Sealight, he chose to become an actor.

Two years later - with permission to take a break and serve his conscription - he returned and started his new career.

reasons to stan yeong

f4t3bb

Published on June 13th, 2012

For those of you new to F4T3(welcome!!!!) this is a crash course into our resident eomma bear Yeong/Baekhyeon Im. He's not the leader, contrary to popular belief, but he does look out for the other group members.

Obvs that's where the eomma thing comes from LOL

Now onto some of the (many) reasons we love him!!!

1. He's always invested in the fans. I know what you're saying, 'but isn't that what all idols should be like?' And a lot of them are, but Yeong takes it to another level. He's been known to stop fanmeets from pushing out those who show up late, and has publicly expressed that if his fans need anyone to talk to that he's always available on his SNS platforms(and his DMs are always open, I've tested this myself). If I had more time, I'd expand on this more, but take my word for it when I say he's especially invested in his fanbase.

2. He's the moodmaker of his group and is always looking out for his members. This may seem like it gets on their nerves in behind the scenes videos and group appearances, but they let him mother them. He's always got a positive attitude as well, and has not been known to say a bad word about anyone or anything.

3. His sense of humor is great. Sure, his jokes can be a little dorky(a lot like dad jokes ironically), but he's always finding ways to lighten up tense situations. Apparently he's also diffused arguments among his groupmates with this, so you know it's legit.

4. His domestic side. Apparently one of his favorite hobbies is sewing, and he's mended his groupmates' clothes before. I'm pretty sure he's also the main one keeping the group's dorm in order and he probably cooks for them. Talk about husband material.

5. I know many of you think he's not attractive like some of the other inhuman idols out there(looking at you, Vee and Fang), but he's handsome in his own way. If any of you haven't ever seen him in a suit, look up photoshoot pictures from last year. F4T3 did a spread with all of them dressed to the nines and they were all gorgeous, but Yeong was especially striking.

6. He's always talking about his family, which I know isn't exactly unique, but you can tell he really loves them. It makes me feel bad that he probably doesn't get to see them like he would want to, but that doesn't seem to damper his love. I wish I had an older brother like that...

Unfortunately, that's all I had time to cover in this video! If you'd like to see others(I can always do a series!!!), remember to like the video and subscribe!

And if you have any suggestions for other videos(like requests for more vids like this, or more on Yeong in general, hint hint), tell me about it in the comments and I'll do my best. Until next vid!

Kdramas Ate My Life
@dramaeomma
Follow
Thread concept: all my thoughts about @baekhyeon_im in one place so my followers don't unfollow me in droves for spamming them at random.
11:49 AM - 17 November 2017

Kdramas Ate My Life @dramaeomma
Replying to @dramaeomma
If you don't know who he is, he's the former main vocalist of Kpop group F4T3, who went by the stage name Yeong.

Replying to @dramaeomma
His group lasted nine years before it disbanded, and they were one of Sealight's big acts from 2006 until 2015.

Replying to @dramaeomma
Now, he's signed to Sealight as an actor, and while he's mostly done modeling so far, there's rumors going around about a drama coming up that should be exciting.

Replying to @dramaeomma

He went from adorkable to holy crap over a span of...well, a few years, but his personality is what really endeared him to most stans I've talked to.

Replying to @dramaeomma
Another thing to note about him: he's apparently got this habit of 'collecting' people and taking care of them? One of his nicknames is eomma, and if you don't think that's one of the cutest things ever idk what to tell you.

Replying to @dramaeomma
Though he does have four younger siblings, so I guess that makes sense in that context.

Replying to @dramaeomma
Most people know him for his work with his group, where he was considered the unofficial leader for eight years until he took over in the group's final year as a trio.

Replying to @dramaeomma
And when F4T3 disbanded, he took the time to serve out his conscription rather than going right into another career path.

Replying to @dramaeomma
He's expressed that life in the spotlight as an idol was no longer for him, and was noted to apologize to fans more than once for not taking on a solo career and 'disappointing' them.

Replying to @dramaeomma
His personality is really bright and sunny, which is another thing that endears a lot of people to him.

Replying to @dramaeomma

Seriously, look at that picture and tell me that his smile couldn't blind the sun itself.

Replying to @dramaeomma
On top of that, he's actually a person who really likes to engage on another level with his fans.

Replying to @dramaeomma
Not to down any other idols who don't do it, but he actively takes time in every fanmeet he's a part of to talk to those who come to see him - beyond the actual talking you get to do at the event itself.

Replying to @dramaeomma
Beyond his career, he volunteers at several charities around the city, and netizens had to find that out without him telling anyone.

Replying to @dramaeomma
Not that that's a thing exclusive to him, of course, but he is invested in helping others and actively takes the time out of his personal schedule to do so.

Replying to @dramaeomma

As I said before, he's mostly done modeling since he got done with his conscription, but he also acted in a drama back when he was still an idol.

Replying to @dramaeomma
He played a boy next door who - surprise surprise - got the girl, and didn't rely on using the friendzone trope to make you feel good about their relationship.

Replying to @dramaeomma
Without spoiling anything about the drama(seriously, watch it if you haven't, or rewatch it if you have), I think we've got good things to look forward to out of his acting career.

Replying to @dramaeomma

I normally wouldn't share leaked images, but this one's made its round around the internet. Supposedly it's from that upcoming drama which is clearly a period role.

Replying to @dramaeomma
(Here's hoping he gets to play that prince charming we all deserve and he deserves to play)

Replying to @dramaeomma

Here's another photoshoot picture which is a must in this thread because LOOK AT HIM.

Replying to @dramaeomma
He's gorgeous, idc what anyone else says about it.

Replying to @dramaeomma
Not that looks are everything, but I know we as fandomers tend to get a little bit hung up on that.

Replying to @dramaeomma
I hope this was an educational experience for everyone, and I want to share a few more important pictures(and gifs) to finish out the topic on a high note.

Replying to @dramaeomma
(and possibly convince some of you to join me in stan land, hint hint, it's worth it)

Replying to @dramaeomma

Just in case any of you think he takes himself too seriously - spoiler alert, he doesn't.

Replying to @dramaeomma
He actually showed up at a more lowkey fan event in his pajamas and a fuzzy robe(I wasn't there to witness this, otl, but a friend was) and asked everyone if he'd missed the slumber party.

Replying to @dramaeomma
(Needless to say I'm sure everyone wanted to do more than have a slumber party with him after that, but that's for another thread...)

Replying to @dramaeomma

Being great with kids, and killing ovaries around the world at the same time.

Replying to @dramaeomma
Sidenote: he talks about wanting to date a lot, and not having the time to, so I sincerely hope he gets to meet someone (ahem, ME...jk....or am I?) one day and live happily ever after!

Replying to @dramaeomma

From an appearance as a presenter at a recent awards show - for acting of course, wish it would have been MAMAs....anyone else excited for those???

Replying to @dramaeomma
Sorry, tangent, back on track.

Replying to @dramaeomma

From a charity swim event he and his groupmates(and labelmates) participated in about five years back. Yes he walked around for a bit dripping wet, it was glorious.

Replying to @dramaeomma

From the most recent fanmeet which was...god, still two plus years ago, I can't wait for him to get back into the game and show up to those???

Replying to @dramaeomma
It's a painful time to be a Baekhyeon stan I stg.

Replying to @dramaeomma
But don't let that stop you because I'm sure we're all about to be rewarded.

Replying to @dramaeomma
Especially in light of my piece de resistance for this thread...

Replying to @dramaeomma

Bet you all just thought he was a cute squish, huh? Yes those are real.

Replying to @dramaeomma

Look how far he's come. (I lied, I had to finish out the thread with this pic to help put ovaries back together. Lookit how cute and squishy.)

Replying to @dramaeomma
In closing: please appreciate my future husband more and start stanning him. Come scream at me when you do and we can have a grand old time. And with this informative lesson/slideshow, I am out. Until next time/next bias!
Home » Member Profiles » BAEKHYEON(Actor) Facts and Profile; BAEKHYEON's Ideal Type

Stage name: Yeong(formerly)
Birth name: Baekhyeon Im (백현 임)
Birthday: 22nd June, 1988
Zodiac sign: Cancer
Nationality: South Korean
Height: 182cm(6'0")
Weight: 63kg(138 lbs)
Blood type: A
Group: F4T3(former)
Instagram: @EommaGom
Twitter: @baekhyeon_im

BAEKHYEON facts:

-He was born in Gwangju, South Korea.
-He has four younger siblings, three of which are triplets.
-He became a trainee at Sealight at the age of fifteen.
-After three years of training, he debuted with the group F4T3.
-He was main vocals for the group, and was also leader in the group's last active year.
-After the group disbanded, he served his conscription.
-When he returned from conscription, he started work as an actor.
-He speaks four languages: Korean, English, Mandarin and Japanese.
-His favorite type of music is instrumental tracks.
-His favorite drink is wine.
-His favorite food is gimbap and mandu.
-His least favorite food is anything with kimchi in it.
-His favorite types of movies are fantasy and historical.
-His favorite color is green.
-His favorite numbers are 6 and 22.
-Co-starred in the drama "My Fantasy Boy"(2013).
-Set to co-star in the period drama "Change Your Fate", which is slated to start filming in early 2018.
-Has done mostly modeling work since resigning at Sealight as an actor, but is working on gaining roles.
-BAEKHYEON's ideal type is someone who can compliment him as a person, and has a good personality.

name:
Baekhyeon means 'virtuous older brother' and Im means 'forest', and the latter ties in with the more wild nature represented in Brave. Yeong, his former stage name, also means 'brave', which is a more blatant shout-out.

family:
Rather than being a mother with four children, Baekhyeon is the eldest brother of five. He has a younger sister five years his junior, and his triplet siblings are ten years his junior. Obviously, they are all meant to represent Merida, Harris, Hubert and Hamish.

falling out:
Instead of arguing over marrying a suitor, the big family falling out in this situation is Baekhyeon 'ditching' his siblings to go off and become a trainee at Sealight. His younger sister was less than pleased about it, though I didn't put the reasons down here because I intend to request the characters and don't want to tie anyone down to a specific plot.

career:
The role of a queen doesn't translate very easily into the setting, but Baekhyeon was part of a very successful group for years - which is the closest I can really get to canon.

(not so) hidden references:
Fate is a big part of the plot of Brave, so Baekhyeon's group name was F4T3. His upcoming part in a period drama will be in the role of a crown prince(not a queen, but close enough), and the drama's title, 'Change your fate' is the tagline of Brave. His Insta name, Mama Bear, is a reference to Elinor turning into a bear. A lot of his 'hobbies' and interests are more traditionally seen as feminine pursuits and domestic-oriented, which Elinor was. The 'two days to reverse the bear curse' is tied in through Baekhyeon's two year service in the military, which forced him to reevaluate his life and approach to his family since he couldn't be there for them like he wanted to be.

group break-up:
F4T3 as a group had four members, which is a reference to the background story of Mor'du. He was a prince who turned against his brothers and killed them - but for obvious reasons, I couldn't really adapt that storyline in. Baekhyeon and the other two groupmates represent Mor'du's three brothers(though genderswapped in the case of the other two), and the leader(who tried to take control of the group concepts, turned arrogant and conniving and eventually attacked Baekhyeon in an argument) represents Mor'du and is the reason the group fell apart in the end. He may or may not still be around waiting to have his revenge.

Intro

Family oriented and focused on others, Baekhyeon is an example of a mom friend to the max. Just breaking into acting after returning from his conscription, he's trying to find his way in the industry again after the disbanding of his group. If you need a shoulder to cry on or someone to listen to your problems(whether in person or over SNS), he's the kind of guy to be there for you no matter what. One of his main nicknames is eomma for a reason.

Friends

More than anything, Baekhyeon tries to be friendly to people until given a reason to act otherwise, so he's bound to have quite a few friends. It's hard to say how close people can get to him, since there are a couple things he's hiding about himself still, but he appreciates the company of others and will do his best to be a good friend to those who are willing to deal with him.

Lovers

Pfft, not likely. Baekhyeon is closeted and not exactly ready to come out about that. So it's likely that he's dated girls in the past, but the relationships never really went anywhere in the end. He'd like to pretend that he gets more satisfaction out of looking after his friends and family, but he does want to find someone to share his life with. It's just...getting him to admit that.

Enemies

If by enemies you mean people he'll give withering disapproving stares to...when you disappoint him, look out. He may act like one of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet, but he's got an angry side too. And don't mess with his family, he doesn't forgive and forget when it comes to them. Mess with him all you want, he can handle himself, but other people...nope bye Felicia.

Others

Let mama bear love you.
pm
^
zee
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 02:05 PM
zee
@zee

@queenzee: pumpkin spice pumpkin spice pumPKIN SPI C E

accepted !!
Welcome to RE-BYE !! Your application has been reviewed by the admin, and we're happy to announce that your character has been accepted! Thank you for following the rules and joining the RE-BYE family.

Oh man at all the styling work you put into this app. :O I really do appreciate all the details you were able to put in by switching it up between the different media outlets, because it gave us a clear representation of his history (I can't get over how creative the fanfiction template is), how his fans appreciate him, and a great bit of his personality as seen through other people's eyes. He's fantastic, and I'm glad to see another actor around site. Great job as always Alex!!

Please fill out all of your claims completely so your character can be properly sorted.
pm
email
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
new poll

TOGGLE SIDEBAR

NKHAAs !!
Namjoon Kim Honorary Achievement Awards

MALE OF THE MOMENT

minsik bae

FEMALE OF THE MOMENT

sumi noi

DUO OF THE MOMENT

haebitna baek & makoto naegi